About Me

My photo
I am very much into all things Spooky, Creepy, and Cool and would like to share that with YOU!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A SpookyCreepyCool interview with...Queenie Pocketfullofposiez


Hello all of you Spooky peoples. I have another exciting treat for you. Queenie Pocketfullofposiez was kind enough to take the time to share some Halloween goodies with us. Queenie is the creator of some of the truly Spookiest, Creepiest, Coolest paintings, Dolls, and all sorts of creepy goodies for spooky Kiddies and Adults alike. So please sit back, relax, and enjoy this SpookyCreepyCool interview with 







What is you favorite memory of Halloween as a child?

Starting my costume for the next year, the day after Halloween!  It used to be fun to try and come up with costumes back when Halloween wasn't a pre-made holiday.

What is your favorite memory of Halloween as an adult?

Trick or treating with my daughter when she was young. Lately, I'm always so busy during that time of year, I don't really get to celebrate. However, everyday is pretty mush Halloween in our house ;)





What is your idea of the perfect Halloween?

Perfect Halloween celebration would be a Victorian Vampire Tea Party (but then again I would do that any time of the year) :)

What was your favorite Halloween costume?

I love it when people use their imagination and come up with something creative instead of buying costumes. It's been so long since i dressed up, I don't remember.





What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Smarties!!!!

What are some of your favorite Halloween attractions?

The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland all done up with Nightmare Before Christmas. I am a whimp, I don't do Halloween mazes, they scare the bajeezus out of me!

What are some songs and bands that really get you into the Halloween spirit?

Well considering I have bats painted on the walls in my office *g*, I'm pretty much in the Halloween spirit all year round. I do like listening to the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack a lot during the season. 





What are some movies that get you into the Halloween spirit?

 I do love the classics, Dracula and Frankenstein 

What are some of your favorite Halloween TV specials?

Peanuts The Great Pumpkin and the Bugs Bunny Cartoon Broom Stick Bunny!





Who are some of your favorite artists out there doing Spooky, Creepy, Cool, type artwork and crafts?






What are some of your inspirations for creating your Spooky, Creepy, Cool artwork and crafts?

I'm inspired by color and my surroundings. I love all of the darker things in life but I like to give them a 'lighter' feel.  

Do you have anything you are working on currently that we can all look forward to?

Yes! My new doll the Deadly Cute™ Delilah will be available soon on my website http://www.pocketfullofposiez.com I also have a new line of plush dolls and tons of new handmade goodies that will be available in my etsy shop http://www.posiez.etsy.com





Where can we go to see and purchase your work?

Right now my artwork can be seen at the Parlour in Halloween Town in Burbank CA. I have dolls, and other merchandise in the store as well. Also Ipso Facto in Fullerton Ca and my etsy shop http://www.posiez.etsy.com and website http://www.pocketfullofposiez.com

Any Spooky, Creepy, Cool parting words?

to quote the Ministry song : 

Well any time, any place, anywhere that I go
All the people seem to stop and stare
They say 'why are you dressed like it's halloween?
You look so absurd, you look so obscene'............

....And I dress this way just to keep them at bay
Cos halloween is everyday




No comments:

Post a Comment