About Me

My photo
I am very much into all things Spooky, Creepy, and Cool and would like to share that with YOU!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Interview with everybody's favorite Unkle...Unkle Pigors

I was most fortunate and very lucky to have the honor of interviewing one of my very favorite artists... Eric Pigors. So from him to you, here is the very first SpookyCreepyCool interview... 

Eric Pigors.






What is your favorite childhood memory of Halloween?


It was when I went out with my friend Tom Cole for our last year of Trick or Treating. We made it a point to fill our pillow cases and hit every house in our neighborhood. I was a hobo that year, and there were a few houses that have left a huge impression in my mind that will be with me forever. The 1st house was all spooked out with fog, lights and all the Universal monsters roaming around scaring kids. They said if you want candy you have to go to the front door thru the fog and monsters. It was scary and fun.
Then about 80 houses later my friend and I split up on the street for a few houses. So I approached this old 2 story house, all the lights are out, and I hear the DISNEY sound fx record playing from their garage window. I have to go thru their gates in the pitch dark to their doorstep. As I creak open the gates and head to the door I look left and right for monsters hiding in the bushes. None jump out and I knock on the door, no one comes, knock again and still no one. So I left. But I remember just being scared out of my mind and my imagination running wild as to what awaited me. We finished the night and boy were our bags full!
These 2 houses gave me the inspiration to spook my moms garage out every Halloween so kids  would have something spooky and fun to look at. Unfortunately you don’t see too many kids anymore, and most don’t dress up, or say Trick or Treat. That’s why I buy a few dog bones from the dollar store. If you come to my house like that, or being greedy you get a dog bone!




What is your favorite adult memory of Halloween?


Designing the neighborhood kids in the ED EDD AND EDDY Halloween special as my drawings. 




And seeing my TOXICTOONS art turned into Monster Masks for www.trickortreatstudios.com  they have 4 so far FANG, ROT, BRAIN EATER & GRUESOME!






What is your idea of the perfect Halloween?

Nice eerie night, cool outside, being in a neighborhood that’s all spooked out and seeing lots of spooky home haunts.Then watching some old spooky films in an old haunted house with a lighting storm and windy night ending it all off.




What was your favorite Halloween costume?

Rubber skeleton mask I bought from Toys r Us as a kid. Only other costume I remember wearing is a hobo costume.






What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Candy Corn of course.


What are some of your favorite Halloween attractions?


Disney’s Haunted Mansion, Netherworld In Atlanta, Knott’s Scary farm,I haven’t been to a lot of the other haunts across America yet but hope to some day!
One haunt just contacted me about maybe doing a maze based on my Toxictoons art for 2012.



What are some songs and bands that really get you into the Halloween spirit?

I love old spooky records from the 1950s, 1960s & 1970s. I make a Halloween compilation cd mix every Halloween and put them in my TRICK OR TREAT BAG SPECIALS I sell.
I loooove the old DISNEY record CHILLING Sound fx. It was my 1st record I owned for 1 whole day. See I was so excited to show my new record to my friend  Tom Cole whose dad worked at WDI and even did some work on the Haunted Mansion. Well I was running with my brand new record only played once and lifted my arm to show Tom and watched in horror as the record flew out and smashed to pieces on the floor! My mom wouldn’t buy me another. I recently bought a few copies off EBAY just incase I get excited again and break one. hahahaha





What are some movies that get you into the Halloween spirit?

I love Trick or Treat from the Tales from the Darkside series, and the Trick or Treat movie that came out a few years ago.The Ghost and Mr Chicken, Beetlejuice, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.


What are some of your favorite Halloween TV specials?

Charlie Brown’s Graet Pumpkin, Walt Disney Sleepy Hallow, the Munsters tv show, Milton the Monster animated tv show ,and the ED EDD AND EDDY HALLOWEEN SPECIAL called BOO HAW HAW. It plays every Halloween on CARTOON NETWORK. I designed the creepy kids in the special to look like my monsters I draw. And Hopefully I will have my Halloween special with my TOXICTOONS characters one day.


Who are some of your favorite artists out there doing Spooky, Creepy, Cool, type artwork?

Lots ,especially stuff i grew up with as a kid , like the artists in Mad magazine like Jack Davis, Basil Wolverton, Bill Elder. I love Ed “Big Daddy” Roth’s work, Odd Rods and Wacky Pac stickers, Charles Addams, Tim Burton, KAZ, XNO.



What are some of your inspirations for creating your Spooky, Creepy, Cool artwork?

Halloween, Frankenstein’s monster, sexy vamps, Horror hosts, cemeteries, old memories of toys, stickers, comics, tv shows I grew up with in the 1970’s.





Do you have anything you are working on currently that we can all look forward to?

Well I have a really  great  APP called,”Monster Pieces” where you can create your own creepy monsters out of my art. It should be out in October. And Trick or Treat studios will be doing 1 or 2 new masks based on my art for 2012. And I’m always drawing new art, shirts so check my site every month for specials I do or new merchandise.




Where can we go to see and purchase your awesome work?

I sell over 20 shirts, signed artbooks  ,stickers, prints, dvd ,Trick or treat bag special and other spoooky stuff at www.toxictoons.com





Any Spooky, Creepy, Cool parting words?

See you in the cemetery!




1 comment:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of Toxic Toons, and Mr. Pigors is my favorite Unkle!! In fact, it was his link to this interview that led to me discovering your blog!

    Great interview here. So wonderful to hear the Halloween memories of other Monster Kids!

    ReplyDelete